Simply install microG’s Service Core app and GCam will work. GCam requires Google Play Services to run, meaning that it will crash if you try to run it on a phone without GApps. To use GCam, you can’t go fully “google free” (GCam itself is a Google product). Since results may vary from phone to phone and also depends on personal taste, you should do your own tests to see if it’s worth using this or not. The Pixel 3 AWB (Auto White Balance) was created by BSG and Savitar, and uses Pixel 3’s colour calibration info instead of the info from your phone.
- Thus a backup can be used to restore your device to an exact state and thus proves as a lifesaver in case if something goes wrong.
- Here, we’ll use the Script Manager app to make a backup on Android.
- Usually this is caused by GCam using an incompatible “model” for your camera.
- This is the first ever foldable phone from Samsung with dual display.
- Without further ado, let’s proceed to our tutorial on installing Samsung software updates without using Odin or a PC.
While no ROM out there will ever be as stable as the stock ROM, having https://leathermachineco.com/unlocking-the-power-of-your-samsung-sm-n910v-with/ a custom ROM does give you the liberty to sacrifice a few points of stability in order to gain tons of features. As I have been testing custom ROMs for many years, I never stay on a ROM for more than a week, so I’ve tried pretty much every custom ROM there is out there. For your sake, I have cherry-picked the best custom ROMs for Android above. Let us know about your favorite ROM in the comments section below. The ROM is very similar to OxygenOS and brings a lot of customizability options to the point that you might feel overwhelmed. The ROM recently updated its source code for Android 13. Among the custom ROMs, Xtended is one of the few to have support for a long list of devices.
This installation is done through a recovery – a dedicated and bootable partition on your smartphone device that can install new updates too your device. – ROM is nothing but the operating system of the mobile device. Stock ROM is the official firmware of the device manufacturer that goes through rigorous testing and scheduled release cycles. Custom ROM is a uniquely modified firmware developed and built by a third party vendor. However, before you jailbreak your phone, remember that installing a custom ROM might void the warranty of your mobile device.
- Recovery files can be installed on Xiaomi, Redmi, etc mobile.
- In this method, we’ll go through easy steps on how to take Nandroid backup directly to PC.
- Tasker, for example, can be used to move files between folders/storages.
- For this reason, many users turn to custom ROMs or Custom ROMs to keep their smartphones current and to enjoy the latest news.
To use it, open Night Sight and if 1) it’s dark and 2) the phone is steady (on a table, tripod, etc) it will automatically enable the Astrophotography mode. On some phones, it is enabled but doesn’t support all features needed by GCam. Some brands (ASUS, Xiaomi) don’t have these restrictions at all, so you can use any package name and still have access to all cameras. In this hub you get all available GCam APK ports from various developers. You can scroll down through the list and try one or all of these to find the best suitable APK port of Google camera for your phone. Before you install any GCam on your phone, you may like to see what kind of images people have captured on their Android smartphones.